On Fingal County Council I serve on two Strategic Policy Committees (SPC):
- The Environment SPC
- The Planning & Development SPC.
- I am a member of the Fingal Joint Policing Committee and the Fingal Pyrite Resolution Panel.
- I am a Director of Drinan Enterprise Centre Ltd, Malahide Castle and Gardens Ltd and Newbridge House and Farm Ltd.
- I am a member of the Board of Management of Portmarnock Community School.
I have lived for a total of 26 years in the Malahide area, in Chalfont for 21 years and prior to that I have lived in Kinsealy and Seabury. I am 53 years old and originally from Swinford, Co.Mayo.
I am married to Tina and have two grown up children, Jane and Bryan. I am a graduate of the Marketing Institute of Ireland (MMII), and DCU, where I attained a Bachelor of Business Studies. I currently work as a Customer Care Manager for AXA Insurance Limited.
I have been active within the Fine Gael party since my teenage years, and have played a central role in the party’s organisation in Malahide over the past 15 years. I acted as Election Agent for both Alan Farrell TD and Minister James Reilly TD in the last General Election.
In addition to local politics, I am involved in a number of community-based projects and groups.
I have been:
- A recent President of St. Nicholas of Myra Conference of St Vincent de Paul and also a member of the Dublin North Area Council of the Society.
- A recent member of the Executive Committee of Malahide Community Forum and Malahide Community Council before that.
- A former Chairman of Malahide Tidy Towns Committee
- A former committee member of Seabury Residents Association – helping to deliver the 102 bus service.
- A former Chairman of Chalfont Residents Association, helped reform the Association, winning Tidy District’s Awards and sorting out the Green.
I am also an active member of St. Sylvester’s GAA Club Malahide and in my limited spare time enjoy walking my dog in Malahide Park and along the beach.